Im on a mission to find a go to lentil loaf recipe, this was my first attempt, classic taste, easy, and simple ketchup topping !!
- 1/2 cup green lentils
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup natural ketchup
- 1 cup rolled or quick oats (put in blender and turn into flour)
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons ground chia
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 teaspoons blackstrap molasses
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley
- 1/2 chopped green pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 – 4 tablespoon natural ketchup
- Combine the lentils, vegetable stock, heat to medium-low, cover, and cook for 25 to 30 minutes, until just about tender.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 375°F. Lightly oil an oven-proof loaf pan
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Stir very well. Transfer the mixture to prepared pan and pack it in. Spread ketchup over the top.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake for 25 to 28 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for another 7 to 8 minutes. Remove from the oven. Enjoy !!